ide-scsi grabs devices against my wishes

hello,

ide-scsi appears to be grabbing devices which I don't wish to be scsi.

I am using the 2.4bf kernel with xfs support.

In one computer, I have an ide burner and an ide zip disk.  I have an
'append="hdc=scsi"' line in lilo.conf to take care of the burner, but I don't
wish the zip drive to be scsi (ide-scsi grabs it anyway).  In another comp, I
have an ide dvd rom, and don't wish it to be scsi (again, it is anyway).

how can I make ide-scsi only grab the devices I tell it to?

thanks,
jason pepas