Re: Debian on SunBlade 100? Forget about it.....

Marlon Ott said:
> What a deal... $3800 for a brand new SunBlade 100 with

you got ripped off.  new sun blade 100s are going for
under $900(this was a year ago)

> Well folks.... too bad I cannot load Debian. From the
> support site's "SunBlade 100" string it appears that I
> should remove my video card (ROTFLMAO), and type
> mystical undocumented commands at the SILO prompt
> while praying.

is the blade listed as compadible? it is a rather
new piece of hardware, even older versions of solaris 8
are not compadible with it. I am not suprised debian
would not load

> Guess my job? Yup, UNIX sysadmin

you don't sound like a very good one from your above
comments.

less then 10 seconds of searching on google tells me
that the blade 100 is not a very linux friendly piece
of hardware at the moment.

When you can get your win2k advanced server running on
your blade please email us again.

nate