Re: VIA KT8266A + VIA VT8233A w/ AC97 sound

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 10:19:51PM -0700, D. Nathan Cookson wrote:
> 1 - Does anybody know from definitive experience the status of support for
> the Via VT8233A southbridge in Debian kernels?
>
> 2 - Does anybody have a good walkthrough for getting sound working, well,
> with the on board sound?  In this case the board is a MSI K7T266-Pro 2A
> board.

Sound is working on my MSI K7T266-Pro 2 + VT8233.  I'm running kernel
2.4.18-5 compiled from source along with alsa-source 0.9.  The card
was found using modprobe snd-via8233.  I only compiled one sound
module with the kernel - soundcore if my memory serves me correctly.
setting alsamixer output levels was all that was required.

I don't have my system to hand to verify the above details.  Let me
know if you need further information.

Jeff