Re: getting a 3C905B network card recognized

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 07:31:55AM -0700, Erik Price wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Debian and installation of linux, and am trying to get my
> network card recognized.  It is a 3Com 3905B model (I believe), and I'm
> not sure what steps to take for that.  The installer program didn't
> recognize the card on its own, but I know that it's in there, because
> the machine boots into windows (on another drive) with no problem.

I'm not sure whether it would be auto-detected at all - but I haven't
done a fresh install for at least 2 years ...

anyway...

I have a 3c905b too - works fine with the 3c59x module.

Somewhere in the installer you should be able to choose modules - choose
the 3c59x and you should be OK.

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen