Re: galeon and its problems (was: tabbed browsing as 'zilla's default)

%% "Matthew Weier O'Phinney" <matthew@weierophinney.net> writes:

  mwo> Personally, I also object to the fact that I need Mozilla
  mwo> installed for it to work -- there should be some way for these
  mwo> Mozilla derivatives to embed just the rendering engine and/or
  mwo> other tools they need.

This all depends on how it's packaged; in Debian it is certainly
possible to include only what Galeon needs without the rest of Mozilla.
Remove all of Mozilla, then run this:

  $ apt-get install mozilla-browser mozilla-psm galeon

and you'll get just the browser "widget", the PSM (for https support),
and Galeon.  That's all you need.  Great taste, less filling.

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools