Re: galeon and its problems (was: tabbed browsing as 'zilla's default)

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2002.10.01.1245 +0200]:
> > Alright, since it's you saying that, and thanks to aptitude and the
> > automatic dependency management (incl. de-installation), I am giving
> > it a shot.
>
> It's a cool browser, light and fast. And nevertheless, I am having
> problems with it (version from sarge). From what I can tell right now,
> the only things that keep me from letting galeon replace opera on my
> various desktops are:
>
>   (a) dependencies; that i could live with i guess.
>   (b) keyboard control; i am failing to switch to the next tab with
>       ctrl-right and ctrl-left, and i can't close tabs with ctrl-w.
>       furthermore, i want to make ctrl-n bring up a new tab.

Have you tried ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdwn for switching tabs? That's what
it's mapped to in mozilla.
ctrl-t opens new tabs on mozilla, but I'm sure there's a way to remap it
to anything else you want in prefs.js. Don't know how right of the top
of my head. Sorry.
As to closing tabs with ctrl-w, it may be a focus issue. I often have to
click on the page with the mouse before I can close it because focus is
elsewhere (usually the sidebar). This is one of the most annoying issues
I have with mozilla.

HTH