Re: ext2 ext3 ?

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 the mental interface of
Shyamal Prasad told:

>     "Gerard" == Gerard Robin <robin.jag@free.fr> writes:
>
>     Gerard> tune2fs -j /dev/hdb3 worked fine for me (I use
>     Gerard> kernel-2.4.18...deb) but after that, I stopped badly my
>     Gerard> machine and when I rebooted, the time to clean /dev/hdb3
>     Gerard> is about the same as before.  Thanks to all who responded
>     Gerard> to me.
>
> Besides the tune2fs command you need to update /etc/fstab and change
> ext2 to ext3 at the appropriate places. If you are using the stock

auto works too! So the partitions can be mounted by booting from a
rescue disk with a kernel which doesn't support ext3.

> 2.4.18 that should be all, but verify with 'cat /proc/mounts' that you
> really do have ext3.
Right!

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Never make anything simple and efficient when a way
  can be found to make it complex and wonderful ;-)