Re: gcc 3.2 & kernels compiled with 2.95

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 02:12:31 -0400
Andy Saxena <andyML@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't quite understand the complexity of the process to move Debian
> to gcc 3.2. It seems there's an issue about programs compiled with 3.2
> not being able to work with libraries compiled with 2.95. Without
> going into too much technical details, could somebody tell me if this
> is correct?
>
> I was just wondering if this transition is going to cause trouble for
> those of us who compile our own kernels using gcc 2.95.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

I just got rid of an installation I compiled with 3.2
IMHO you don't really need gcc 3.2 just jet.Didn't see the 'great' speed
increase in apps but got a lot of broken apps that don't work right with
gcc 3.2. Plus the thing is really slow.

Prost,
Klaus