Re: escputil package

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 05:36:32PM +0100, waterboy waterbody wrote:

> Hello,
> >
> >    I began to install GNU/debian linux and now i´m configuring my
> >computer. I have some problems with escputil package for install my
> >printer Epson Stylus color 880. The synopsis i write isn´t admitted by my
> >computer. i don´t understand it. If you could say me the way of i have to
> >write the synopsis for my computer didn´t give me an error i would be so
> >much grateful
> >
> >                                            Oliver

You don't install or setup your printer with escputil.

Install cupsys, cupsys-driver-gimpprint, cupsys-client, cupsys-bsd,
and cupsys-pstoraster packages.

Add yourself to the group lpadmin.

Start the cupsys daemon: as root run "/etc/init.d/cupsys start".

In a web browser open "http://127.0.0.1:631/admin"; and click on "Add
Printer" button.

--
Jerome