RE: smb.conf on Debian

I read the default smb.conf and some of the docs, that is what convinced me
to try something simpler.  The conf I was using was copied, almost verbadim,
from a Samba tutorial I found on the net (O'Reilly's Using Samba).  Neither
the default conf nor the tutorial's conf worked - that is why I was asking.
Thanks for the input - David