Re: [SOLVED] Re: Upgrading from Potato to Woody on a Live Machine

On Sun, 2002-09-29 at 14:33, Robert James Kaes wrote:
> Hello,
> I just wanted to thank everyone for all the information you supplied.  I
> completed the upgrade last night without a problem.  I don't think the
> users even noticed.  Debian is just wonderful. :)
> 	-- Robert
>
> --
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
> 		       http://www.flarenet.com/
>       * Putting the Service Back in Internet Service Provider *

The only problems I've seen with a live update are when underlying
libraries are upgraded but some user is still running a now outdated
application (eg. Evolution left running on a terminal when the edition
has been updated.) Things tend to be fine after restarting the
application, and are usually certain to be fine by logging out and back
in.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org