Re: smb.conf on Debian

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 04:30:15PM -0400, David Sanders wrote:
> When I try to access the share from Windows XP, I get this error:  "The
> account is not authorized to log in from this station."
> What do I need to do?  It doesn't ask for a password or anything.

A lot more than you have.  I would strongly suggest editing the
default smb.conf to suit your needs rather than trying to wrangle such
a complex config entirely on your own.  The default file is
well-commented, and the smb.conf(5) manpage covers it extensively
(warning, for reference only.  My school had a copy of the smb.conf
manpage in dead-tree format.  It filled a 2" 3-ring binder.).

Trust me, going from the example the default gives you is *far*
simpler than going it alone.

--
Baloo