Re: A Better XTerm?

Josh Rehman wrote:

> I'm looking for a better XTerm. I'm using Konsole right now (the one
> that KDE uses by default).
>
> The thing that I really want is the ability to horizontally scroll. The
> commands "top" and "ps -aux" often create very wide output, and I'd like
> to see it all. (I've been making the font very small as a workaround).
> And if it's not asking too much, the ability to rename each session.

I don't know of an xterm that can scroll horizontally. That's not
something terminals can usually do. Just about any xterm should allow
you to resize the window to be more than 80 columns wide, though, which
may be good enough for what you're trying to do.

I use rxvt, mostly just because it has a nicer scrollbar than xterm. I
would like a really good GTK-based xterm, but the only ones I've seen
(gnome-terminal, powershell) haven't impressed me. I definitely don't
want a ton of gnome libraries being loaded just to open a terminal
window.

Craig