Re: ipmasquerading question

Le ven 27/09/2002 à 15:10, Jamin W.Collins a écrit :
> On 27 Sep 2002 14:27:49 +0200 Christian Gagneraud <chgans@tuxfamily.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Do i have to do some prerequite,
> > - i have a correct dhcp config (/etc/networking/interfaces)
> > - the doc says for deb:  Enable IP forwarding Where  do i put this
> > command?
>
> In Debian, this is controlled by /etc/network/options.  You only need to
> enable forwarding on the gateway itself.
OK

> > - what about /sbin/route add -net 192.168.whatever eth1 ( ive seen
> > somewhere in the liste)
>
> Provided you have your client workstations configured to get their IP from
> DHCP and have listed the gateway's address as the default gateway in your
> DHCP configuration, this should be done automatically for you.
No i have'nt dhcp on my client worstation (behind firewall), i was
talking about the firewall itself,

The problem is when i install debian on my usparc it wasn't connected to
my cable modem so eth0 was configure staticaly and eth1 wasn't configure
at all. So it is my start configuration.

To make my firewall, on my sparc, I have done:
- Change eth0 configuration (internet side, dhcp) i've done it succeful
i can ping www.google.fr
- Setup eth1 (local network): i have just make conf in
/etc/networking/interface to declare it as static 192.168.1.1
- Put dns in resolv.conf

Now, on my sparc, i have to:
- install your firewall script (after setting firewall.conf)
- enable IPforwarding (echo "1" > /proc.....) ( i add it in firewall
script?)
- that's all?
- run "update-rc.d firewall defaults 09 92"
- run "/etc/init.d/firewall start"

On my desktop:
- configure eth0 (192.168.0.xxx, gw=192.168.1.1, etc...)
- put dns in resolv.conf
- restart network

that's right?

> > - for firewall.conf i have to do
> >   - EXT_IP=`ifconfig eth0 | grep -i "addr:" | cut -f2 -d: | cut -f1 -d "
> > "` (dhcp conf) (because of DHCP)
>
> Provided that eth0 is your external interface, this should be fine.
OK

> >   - if i have an apache server on the interna network and i want it to
> > be accessible on the internet i have to use PORT_FORWARDS ?
>
> Yes, the PORT_FORWARDS section is capable of redirecting traffic to
> internal machines.
fine! ;~) I will use that.