Re: ipmasquerading question

Le ven 27/09/2002 à 02:48, Jamin W. Collins a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 12:33:22AM +0200, Gagneraud Christian wrote:
>
> > I've just install woody on my ultrasparc1, i've setup my internet
> > connection on it using dhcp on eth0 (cable modem), but now i want to
> > make my sun station a gateway.
> >
> > but unfortunately it doesn't work well:
> > - on my sparc
> (snip)
> >   - i have messages like "ipconntrack table full droping"
>
> How much memory does this system have?  The ipconntrack table depends on
> the memory in your system, it's defaults can be changed though.
>
> >   - iptables -L
> > =>    can't initialize iptables table 'filter': Table does not exist...
>
> You're missing the "iptable_filter" module for this one.
>
> > Another question is thatr i want to make my sparc a firewall too, is
> > there in debian woody specifics packages to do that?
>
> The iptables tool will do this for you.
>
> You might want to take a look at some firewall scripts.  I maintain one
> at http://asgardsrealm.net/linux/firewall.  It's not packaged as
> Debian specific, but it does work fine on Debian.
Do i have to do some prerequite,
- i have a correct dhcp config (/etc/networking/interfaces)
- the doc says for deb:  Enable IP forwarding Where  do i put this
command?
- what about /sbin/route add -net 192.168.whatever eth1 ( ive seen
somewhere in the liste)
- for firewall.conf i have to do
  - EXT_IP=`ifconfig eth0 | grep -i "addr:" | cut -f2 -d: | cut -f1 -d "
"` (dhcp conf) (because of DHCP)
  - if i have an apache server on the interna network and i want it to
be accessible on the internet i have to use PORT_FORWARDS ?