Re: ipmasquerading question

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 12:33:22AM +0200, Gagneraud Christian wrote:

> I've just install woody on my ultrasparc1, i've setup my internet
> connection on it using dhcp on eth0 (cable modem), but now i want to
> make my sun station a gateway.
>
> but unfortunately it doesn't work well:
> - on my sparc
(snip)
>   - i have messages like "ipconntrack table full droping"

How much memory does this system have?  The ipconntrack table depends on
the memory in your system, it's defaults can be changed though.

>   - iptables -L
> =>    can't initialize iptables table 'filter': Table does not exist...

You're missing the "iptable_filter" module for this one.

> Another question is thatr i want to make my sparc a firewall too, is
> there in debian woody specifics packages to do that?

The iptables tool will do this for you.

You might want to take a look at some firewall scripts.  I maintain one
at http://asgardsrealm.net/linux/firewall.  It's not packaged as
Debian specific, but it does work fine on Debian.

--
Jamin W. Collins