Re: OT Howto convert .jpgs to a thumbnailed html page?

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 01:11:57PM +0930, Barney Wrightson wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> <snip>
> >>Looks like I jumped the gun on posting this question. A quick run of
> >>"apt-cache search thumb" returned some likely-looking candidates:
> >>   cthumb
> >>   curator
> >>   galrey
> >>   igal
> >>   webmagick
> >>   album
> >>
> >>Anyone have any suggestions as to which program will be most suitable?
> >>
> >>Thanks!
> >>
> >>Kent
> >
> >I just tried "curator". Way too easy. I'm gonna have to go back to using
> >Windows to put some challenge into my life . . . .
> >
> >Kent
> >

> Hi Kent,
> I have just got a Canon G2 :) I think I noticed one called bins that
> generates static html (I assume it generates thumbnails - I haven't
> tried it yet)
>
> <checks debian.org>
>
> ah, yes it does - but it's only in testing/unstable, sounds damn useful
> though:

Yes, bins is quite nice. The official web page is at:
http://bins.sautret.org/ which has some examples.

If you don't want to install the testing package, you might just
install it from the tar.gz. It works fine with the stable
dependencies. That's what I did.  BTW, you only need the gtk stuff
if you want to use the graphical interface.

enjoy!

Stuart Johnston