Re: OT Howto convert .jpgs to a thumbnailed html page?

Kent West wrote:

I just got a Canon Powershot A40; whoo-hoo! Lots of fun.

So that I can share my pix with friends and family (like they're really interested .... ;-^ ), I wanted to create a web page with thumbnails of the images which are then linked to the full-size pictures. I've already learned how to use "mogrify -format png *.jpg" to convert the .jpg files to .png files (I wanna be a good Freedom-loving netizen, and all that :-), and I can use "convert" to convert the files to thumbnails, but I was wondering if there's an easy way to either put those thumbnails into an html file at the time of conversion or an easy method to do so after conversion.

Thanks!

Kent

Looks like I jumped the gun on posting this question. A quick run of "apt-cache search thumb" returned some likely-looking candidates:
   cthumb
   curator
   galrey
   igal
   webmagick
   album

Anyone have any suggestions as to which program will be most suitable?

Thanks!

Kent