Re: workstations syslogging to server (almost there)

D. J. Bolderman said:

> You were right, i'm using UDP now, and messages from my client are placed
> in /var/log-ng :) However, it doesn't create log-files with the hostname
> in it, it just puts them in the existing logs of the server...

yeah, only syslog entries that are not caught by any of the other
filters will end up in the files messages.$HOST, if a syslog entry
matches a filter it should be redirected to the appropriate log file.

as for local log entries maybe something like:

source src { udp(ip("192.168.1.1")); internal(); unix-stream /dev/log; };

would work ?? I'm not sure I found the above unix-stream entry here:
http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue43/scheidler.html

nate