Re: Woody IPv6 problem finally, really, solved

On  0, Carel Fellinger <carel.fellinger@chello.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:14:27AM +0200, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
[snip]
> > So if your /etc/hosts is, for instance:
> ,,,
> > 192.168.1.3     venus.my.home    venus
> >
> > Then at the end of the file you have to add
> > ::FFFF:192.168.1.3     venus.my.home    venus
>
> ...now there is one name with to addresses, how will other programs react
> to that. e.g. dnsmasq?

Shouldn't they correctly determine the address based on the IP
protocol used to lookup the name?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"There are few things more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own."
	- Doug Larson

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au