Re: eth0 problem after kernal package upgrade

    "Neal" == Neal Pollock <npollock@rogers.com> writes:

    Neal> i recently upgraded my kernel from 2.2.20 to 2.4.18 using a
    Neal> kernel image via dselect.  Unfortunately when I boot the new
    Neal> kernel i cannot establish an internet connection.  Am I
    Neal> correct in assuming that i need to to check:

I'm almost certain this is because your network driver is built as a
module in 2.4.18. Most drivers are modules in 2.4.18 and it works very
nicely once you get used to it.

Add it to /etc/modules for the next time you boot. Just 'modprobe
<driver>' for now and use ifup/ifdown to see if comes back up. If this
makes no sense to you feel free to ask for details.

Good luck.

Cheers!
Shyamal