DHCP problem

I can not seem to get DHCP to work on its own, except with the stock kernel that came with Debian.  It sees the card, but just does not pull an IP.  I can get it to pull an IP if I manually run pump /sbin/pump -i eth0.  I have no problems using a static ip, or getting an ip in Windows.

I have enabled kernel level auto configuration as well w\ dhcp.  I'm not sure what other information i can give, but if someone could help me it would be appreciated.

lorac

-
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin

ICQ UIN 2123136 Get ICQ http://www.icq.com