Re: OT: Alternatives to ls for sorting files by modification time

Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net> [2002-09-25 11:01:35 -0700]:
> /usr/bin/find $BACKUP_DIR/arc -type f -maxdepth 1 -name \*.arc \
> -mtime +30 -exec rm \{\} \;

A very, very small point with your good note.  I strongly advise
avoiding the hard code of the /usr/bin/find path.  This has always
come back to torment me when moving scripts from system to system.

The find command I want is sometimes in /bin/find and sometimes in
/usr/bin/find and sometimes the GNU find that I want to use overriding
the native system find is someplace like /usr/local/bin/find.  I find
it much better to avoid specifying that path and just letting it be
found in the shell PATH.

Bob