postgers: how to use both md5 and passwordless access

I would like to use both passwordless access to user's own db as debian default config allows:

local        all                                           ident sameuse
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           ident sameuse

  as well as being able to connect to other DBs using md5:

local        all                                           md5
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           md5

is it possible to combine both approaches? I tried to add sameuse after md5 but it didn't help (in fact I wasn't able to login at all)

subquestion: when using the first option (ident) I cannot login using username/password, I can only autologin to user's own db - any ideas on how to fix that?

  (this is on debian unstable)

  TIA

	erik