Re: SuSE vs. Debian ???

Of course, I recognize these points -- they are truly sound.  I am not
of a mind to convert the customer to debian.

Rather, I am looking for pointers on learning SuSE and how to manage the
beast.  Although, to some extent, linux is Linux, I have been around
enough to recognize that all apples are not red . . .

Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya
>
> "use what the customer wants"...
>         - if it fails... they picked the os/hw/etc..
>
>         - its also certified that oracle db9i works on suse...
>         and ibm certifies their db2 works on rh-x.y
>
> - if it does works as advertised... be happy..
>
> - and lots of annoying habits that you have to relearn with yast/yast2
>
> c ya
> alvin
>
> -- my rule..
>         - dont insist on something else unless you know it works 100%
>         correctly under all circumstances..
>         ( if you do, and it dont work.. .you're in one heap of trouble )
>
> -- there is little no difference between most distro
>    ( no reason to pick one over another )
>         - same kernel
>         - same bash
>         - same glibc
>         - same apps
>         - same nfs
>         - same mta, httpd, loggers, sniffers, checkers,
>         - same blah-blah
>
>         - different installer, different logo, different "package mangers"
>         - different "people"... ( end users )
>         - more user apps..
>
> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Michael D. Schleif wrote:
>
> > I must accept a project to build and manage systems to run oracle db 9i
> > and tools 11i.
> >
> > The customer is insisting that they must run SuSE

<snip />

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .