Re: SuSE vs. Debian ???

hi ya michael

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Michael D. Schleif wrote:

> Of course, I recognize these points -- they are truly sound.  I am not
> of a mind to convert the customer to debian.

oops... okay..

> Rather, I am looking for pointers on learning SuSE and how to manage the
> beast.  Although, to some extent, linux is Linux, I have been around
> enough to recognize that all apples are not red . . .

yast likes to keep things in one giant file.... and different places
than debian...  and same files in other cases... its a mess..
just gotta look at it one item at a time and fine the files its in

anything you edit manually will be erased by yast/yast2 upon reboot(?)
so use yast/yast2 do make system changes

c ya
alvin