Re: Configuring Kernel Options (/usr/src/linux/.config)

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 11:47:12PM +0300, Amir Tal wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 September 2002 23:40, Andy Saxena wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to know if there are any side-effects of copying the .config file
> > from one kernel source tree to another.
>
> by all means ;)
> then run (from the new source directory) : make oldconfig .
> you will be prompted only for the new changes...

Is that before or after /usr/src/linux is linked to the new source tree?

> aint debian kewl ??

More so because of the Debian community. I can still remember when I was
new to Debian and Wichert, who at that time was the project leader, took
the time to answer my simple question:
What's an architecture?

I was probably in my sophomore year at college. I swear I just sat in my
chair completely in awe; care to imagine the last time you met a Windows
user whose question had been answered by the project leader of, say,
Windows ME? The next day Bram answered my question on the vim list :-}.

FWIW, the mainstream talks a lot about the business development model of
free software, but not many people realize that for a lot of developers
it is about principles and pride in one's creation and, sometimes, a
little ego. I doubt if any amount of money can buy that.

The Debian Way - the next step in economic evolution.

-Andy