Re: IMAP is a memory hog

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:27:59AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

> IMHO there are only two IMAP servers worth the bother: Cyrus and Courrier.
> You should try both, and use whichever works best for you.  For Cyrus, it is
> very, very, very important to read the docs, otherwise you probably won't
> get past the SASL setup :-)

If you follow the docs and understand the steps, setting up cyrus is
easy as pie.

The SASL part can get a bit confusing. The other thing to remember is
that stable (probably testing too) have an older version of cyrus
compared to unstable. Just be careful about this when you read the docs.

On my single-user system, imapd uses about 2-3M of memory.

-Andy