patch-o-matic drop table patch

I have been trying to get the iptables dropped table patch complied into my kernel (I know it will break a few things) but I have a firewall probelm I am trying to see what is going on and want to see what is being dropped, so I need this patch. I got the source to iptables1.27a using apt and then tried to run ./runme broken/dropped-tables.patch and it fails to compile (with kernel 2.4.18 and .19) I then tried to pull in the cvs of iptables and it also fails.