OFF TOPIC: x-country-manager

Hi,

I just reloaded the stable branch onto a new partion since the
"Quebec" package wanted its own partion. I was suprised to
find that the "x-country-manager" in stable was still set to
"Chretien" when everybody has known for years that this
x-country-manager causes file system corruption.

In order to rectify this problem I did a :
   dpkg --purge Chretien
   dkpg --purge Liberal
   apt-get install conservative

I found that this configuration resulted in my machine
being vunerable to DOS attacks and one or two deamons hogging
all the CPU power for themselves.

As a last resort I purged the conservative packages and did
a tasksel on NDP.  This configuration squanders my system
resources and has almost brought my machine to a halt.

I'm afraid to change my x-country-manager again since each
time I switch I lose 5% of my disk space to a file called
xcm-pensions.

Has anybody out there found a decent x-country-manager
or should the "canada" package be moved to non-free?

Roy "needed-to-vent" Pluschke
<rjplus@sunshine.net>