A USB Mouse Remedy

I have been having trouble getting my Logitech USB mouse to work on Debian.
So I got some advice from the list, and one gentleman said his worked "out
of the box".  I have a Woody set, so since I had JUST installed, I decided
it would be easier to simply reinstall.  However I am STILL not sure if I
did it right:

When presented at the installation with what driver to use, I had these
choices:
psaux
ttys0
ttys1
ttys2
input/mouse
and some other options for specialty mice like a Sun mouse or a Microsoft
Bus mouse.

I decided the safest bet was psaux, then it asked me these things:
PS/2
Brand Name PS/2

but all the options were "prefix" PS/2.  Now I am thinking I wasted yet MORE
time, because I chose psaux instead of what my gut told me, input/mouse.
Now what should I do?

Rick