Re: 2.4.19 + aic7xxx won't boot. No problem with 2.4.18.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 04:11:33PM -0500, John Manko wrote:
> shaulka@bezeqint.net wrote:
>
> >I can't boot with a self made kernel image compiled from
> >kernel-source-2.4.19:
> > 1. when the probe option is turned on in the kernel configuration
> >    I am getting a kernel debugging information.
> > 2. without the probe option it halts after announcing it can not
> >    device 8 or something that looks to me similar.
> >In any case the boot process is halted in the SCSI recognition phase.
> >I had no problems with 2.4.18.
> >
> >Any comments?
> >

> Is scsi support built into the kernel?  If you created scsi support as a
> module, you need to create a inital ram disk, or intrd.  man mkinitrd
> for more information.

It is built into the kernel:

#
# SCSI support
#
CONFIG_SCSI=y

#
# SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y
CONFIG_SD_EXTRA_DEVS=40
# CONFIG_CHR_DEV_ST is not set
# CONFIG_CHR_DEV_OSST is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SR is not set
# CONFIG_CHR_DEV_SG is not set

#
# Some SCSI devices (e.g. CD jukebox) support multiple LUNs
#
CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG_QUEUES=y
CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN=y
CONFIG_SCSI_CONSTANTS=y
CONFIG_SCSI_LOGGING=y

#
# SCSI low-level drivers
#
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_3W_XXXX_RAID is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_7000FASST is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_ACARD is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_AHA152X is not set
CONFIG_SCSI_AHA1542=y