Mozilla dead keys

I am using Mozilla & Galeon at Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 PowerPC testing.  I
have an iBook with US keyboard, and use the US-intl keyboard which gives
me Western European diacritical accented characters using the tilde,
quote, apostrophe, circumflex and grave dead keys.  The original
characters are given by typing the key twice or followed by a space.

	I can use dead keys both in console and in X, using Gnome mostly.  But I
can't use them properly in neither Mozilla nor Gnome.  The URL boxes are
OK, but neither HTML forms nor email bodies or headers.  I do not get
neither accented character nor the simple quote, apostrophe, tilde, grave
or circumflex.

	I already revised all my locale and keyboard configurations with help
from the user-portuguese list, and no one could help me there.  I am
about to file a bug, but thought it might be expedient to raise the issue
here.

	Thanks in advance.

--
  _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra    +41 (21) 648 11 35
 / \  http://homepage.mac.com/leandrod/         +41 (21) 216 15 93