Re: security.debian.org in /etc/apt/source.list

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 17:07, nate wrote:
> > If I'm running Debian testing, and if security updates aren't really
> > applicable to a testing/unstable system, then is there any point in
> > having
> >
> > deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free deb
>

> no, since 'stable' and 'testing' are different trees. for a short

Hmmm - depends. Quite a few packages still had the same version in
stable and testing when I looked last, so security updates to stable
would still apply.

apt-cache policy through your installed packages will show you if you
should keep security stable.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                           http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

NOTICE: subkey signature! request key 92082481 from keyserver.kjsl.com