Re: awk segfault on make menuconfig to build kernel

"David De Graff" <debian@platformglobal.com> writes:

> Well, the conclusion that this ran fine with kernel-source-2.4.18
> was wrong.  It gives a similar error but then continues on to the
> initial ncurses-based config screen.

A booger of a problem for me was when seemingly simple scripts were
seg faulting. It turned out that I had compiled a newer version of
libstdc++ way-back-when and left it in /usr/local/lib . After the
upgrade to Woody, applications in the distribution were trying to use
it, and were causing the seg fault.

Removing the shared library in /usr/local/lib remedied the problem.

Elizabeth