Re: CUPS - unable to print postscript file

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 09:58:59PM -0500, Donald R. Spoon wrote:

> Dunno if this will help or not, but I initially had the same problem &
> stumbled upon an answer for me.
>
> First, I use the "Printing Manager" in KDE to set up CUPS.  All of the
> rest is in reference to this utility.
>
> If you select your printer from the "Printing Manager" initial screen
> you will get a window with 4 Tabs.  The last Tab is called "Instances".
>  If you select the "Instances" tab on the right side will be a listing
> of possible additional selections.  Select "Settings".  This will bring
> up a new window,with again a series of 3 Tabs, the last of which will be
> called "Filters".  When you select this, you will get yet another screen
> where you can add or remove various filters.  I had to add the "PDF
> Writer" filter in order to get xpdf & acroread to print out.  As I
> recall there was one for enscript plus a couple of more.
>
> I suggest you play around with these filters and see what happens
>
> Cheers,
> -Don Spoon-

Actually, I had more trouble than I thought. My printer's acting up; so
much so that it prints better in Linux than in Windows. It's only
printing b/w even though the ink levels are fine for other colors. Once
I get the hardware issues sorted out, I will revisit the software
issues.

Thanks for the tip. KDE print worked out great for some of the tweaking.

-Andy