Re: CUPS - unable to print postscript file

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 04:39:27PM -0400, Andy Saxena wrote:
> I got my printer to work and I thought I was done. Guess not. I can take
> text files and pipe them through enscript and they print just fine.
> However
>
> $ lp somepsfile.ps
>
> gives me rows of  barcode-like lines on the printout. I read the user
> manual and it said that CUPS understands the postscript filetype
> directly. I assume this means that the above command should give the
> proper output.

By chance, are these Postscript files from xpdf?  I have the problem
when printing Postscript files generated from pdf files using xpdf,
otherwise, all other Postscript files print perfectly.  (The solution is
to let CUPS convert the pdf file.)

Happy to help,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735