Re: Strange problem with directories containing spaces after upgrade to testing...

Hi,

sön 2002-09-22 klockan 18.32 skrev Colin Watson:
> On unstable:
>
>   [cjwatson@arborlon ~/tmp]$ mkdir dir\ with\ spaces
>   [cjwatson@arborlon ~/tmp]$ cd dir\ with\ spaces/
>   [cjwatson@arborlon ~/tmp/dir with spaces]$ cd ..
>   [cjwatson@arborlon ~/tmp]$ rmdir dir\ with\ spaces/
>   [cjwatson@arborlon ~/tmp]$
>
> Do you have a shell alias set up for cd, perhaps?

No, I don't... and it started to bother me after the update, so
something have changed in some way... wonder if it might be related to
locales and stuff... well, I just don't have any clue where to start
looking.

> > Gstreamer from experimental seems to have problem with this too..
>
> If something can't cope with spaces in filenames then you can
> legitimately file a bug. It's quite easy to get this wrong in Unix.

Well since I don't know where the problem is, I don't know where to
start file bugs.... thats why I start at the distribution level.

//Snaggen, can live without spaces for now...