Re: how to unwrap M$ self extracting .exe?

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 12:30:50PM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Just curious, here we have a MS executable
> http://members.fortunecity.com/d140738/M3-E.exe
> that I remember contains a excel file that I can deal with with
> gnumeric, etc.  But now that I have removed M$ from my system, how to
> deal with the MS self extracting exe, as I believe it is.

There are several compression/archive programs used on M$ systems.
Most of these can also create self-extracting archives, so there is not
a single answer here.  Try unzip, unarj and rar.  If the option to view
the contents of the archive shows filenames, you should also be able to
extract the file.