Re: how to unwrap M$ self extracting .exe?

Dan Jacobson said:
> Just curious, here we have a MS executable
> http://members.fortunecity.com/d140738/M3-E.exe
> that I remember contains a excel file that I can deal with with
> gnumeric, etc.  But now that I have removed M$ from my system, how to
> deal with the MS self extracting exe, as I believe it is.

depends on the format, winzip self extractors for example can
be extracted with unzip (unzip filename.exe). others may require
use of an emulator like wine. I think the RAR self extractors may
be extractable with rar too.

some may even require use of vmware/bochs/etc to run ..

so it really depends on what kind of self extractor it is

nate