Re: how to unwrap M$ self extracting .exe?

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 00:30, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Just curious, here we have a MS executable
> http://members.fortunecity.com/d140738/M3-E.exe
> that I remember contains a excel file that I can deal with with
> gnumeric, etc.  But now that I have removed M$ from my system, how to
> deal with the MS self extracting exe, as I believe it is.
> --
> http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780

Nowadays, the self-extracting files aren't just DOS-based - they want
Wind'ohs - usually Wine is sufficient. That said, I remember in olden
days using unzip to extract these files anyhow - not sure if that works
with the Windows version...
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org