getting a new package into next stable revision?

What are the chances of libfox1.0 getting into the next stable revision
and who would one contact about this?

The reason I'm asking is that one of my co-workers has a project on
sourceforge that uses the libfox UI library. Apparently, he's been
getting a lot of complaints from Debian users about compilation errors
that are caused by libfox0.99's dependence on OpenGL that he wouldn't be
getting if said users would upgrade to libfox1.0, which just made it
into testing along with the latest version of libc6.

TIA