Re: getting a new package into next stable revision?

DvB said:
> What are the chances of libfox1.0 getting into the next stable revision
> and who would one contact about this?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that one of my co-workers has a project on
> sourceforge that uses the libfox UI library. Apparently, he's been
> getting a lot of complaints from Debian users about compilation errors
> that are caused by libfox0.99's dependence on OpenGL that he wouldn't be
> getting if said users would upgrade to libfox1.0, which just made it into
> testing along with the latest version of libc6.

your best bet is to contact the package maintainer, but it is unlikely
it would get in unless it fixed a serious problem in the current package,
and in that case even those specific fixes may have to be backported.

debian, traditionally has been very strict with what new packages are
available in the new revisions of stable.

nate