Re: How to get $DISPLAY

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 23:50, nate wrote:

> you THINK you have it installed but it is not :) (glad you posted the
> output). the first 2 letters rc means the package is removed but the
> configuration files are still there(which can be removed with dpkg --purge)

Acha!  I was wondering what that 'rc' was! :)  BTW, how can one find out
more about those types of things?  The 'dpkg' man page doesn't really
say much about it, but I'd really like to learn more about the whole
process and little things like this 'rc' seem to be pretty important ;)

> yes I do have xauth(and from a check, xauth is included in xbase-clients
> at least in debian stable)
>
> so I reccomend reinstalling xbase-clients, it may work after that
>
> good luck!

That did the trick!

Thanks, Nate.  You're the man!

Bill