Re: fstab user mount

--Lance Hoffmeyer <lance@augustmail.com> wrote
(on Thursday, 19 September 2002, 05:13 PM -0500):
> The fstab man says that if I put user in the 4th field as
> a mount option any user can mount the specified device (i.e. cdrom).
> but when I do this I get "only root can do this".  What am I missing
> here?  How do I get this to work?

This usually only works if you are using a "users" group, and have your
users in it (at least, that's my experience from other distros, and what
I've observed so far in Debian). So, you would need to add yourself to
the users group, and then this would work.

--Matthew