learning how to set up a win modem

I am wondering since I have a supra Express 56i how to set it up in my linux
box.  I have read the winmodem how to.  This box is a Pentium 300 with 6.4Gb
of hard disk space with 64mb of Ram.  I am using speech synthesis built in
to the kernel called Speakup.  If anyone is interested you may read more at
http://www.linux0speakup.org.  I have used "isapnp/etc/isapnp.conf" to try
to get the values right but it is saying "Don't know what to do with any of
the stuff that I have taken the # away from.  I am just wondering do I have
to tweak settings or does isapnp already do that for me.  I am using kernel
2.2.18 right now.  Thanks for the help.
Scott Berry
Msn: electronicman1960@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: electronicman1960
If you are interested in scanning and you are blind please come join our
police scanner list.  To subscribe send a message to:
mailto:blindscanner-subscribe@yahoogroups.com