Re: help with dual-head OpenGL? [was: Woody + mesag3 + xinerama = problem]

This one time, at band camp, Mike Pfleger said:
> I find it hard to believe that nobody else on the list has seen this
> problem.  I had GL working on both displays in xinerama when Woody was
> still testing, but my latest install only has GL working on display 0.
> This can be verified with the GL screensavers, as detailed below, but
> it affects real applications that I try to run with xinerama.  All of
> my searching for documented solutions have proved fruitless.
>
> I'm at a complete loss as to where to begin with this.  The fact that
> it used to work suggests that there's a configuration issue...
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> > I've discovered that the GL screensavers, when spawned in Xinerama,
> > only appear on display 0 leaving display 1 blank.  This seems like
> > too great of a coincidence, then, that Blender also only renders its
> > workspace on display 0, with an empty portion of the window frame
> > rendered on display 1.
> >
> > On the Blender mailing list it was suggested that, although the display
> > seems to work fine without Xinerama, GL is not enabled for the second
> > head in Xinerama.  How is this possible?  Is there something that needs
> > to be done to enable GL for the second head?  This used to work on the
> > old install of Woody (both Blender and xscreensaver-gl), so I'm really
> > at a loss.  Both of my cards are ATI Mach64, btw.
> >
> > Oh, and I sometimes get an error message when demo-ing the screensavers
> > to the effect of:
> > 	xscreensaver window unexpectedly deleted.
> > -I'm hoping that means more to someone than it does to me.

I know you said you had it working, but this thread
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-April/016625.html
suggests that Xinerama and GLX don't play well together.  Perhaps
they're different versions of XFree86?  I don't know much about the
subject, so I'm sorry I can't help you more.

The error from xscreensaver is one I get all the time, without Xinerama,
so I don't think it's related.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Steve

--
No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will seriously
cramp his style.