Re: DocBook: Need Example Files and Scripts

Abdul,

I have the HTML version of The ZooLib Cookbook here:

http://www.goingware.com/zoolib/cookbook/

It is done in DocBook XML.

The XML source and the script I used to make it (a wrapper around Jade) are in ZooLib's CVS at sourceforge. The CVS instructions are at:

http://zoolib.sourceforge.net/doc/cvs.html

SourceForge provides a web interface to CVS if you want to just browse the files online without actually downloading them all.

I don't remember now though whether the script I use is set up for Slackware or Debian. They put their stylesheets in different directories. I have a stylesheet that works on both distros, if you find my script doesn't just work let me know and I'll dig up the debian one and send it to you.

I'm not sure if I use a stylesheet customization for the ZooLib Cookbook or not. I have another article where I do that. This is the stylesheet customization for the article that's at http://www.byteswap.net/mikesnotes/2002/getting-started/

However, I haven't tried to make PDF or postscript output with this yet.

Best,

Mike

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY % html "IGNORE">
<![%html;[
<!ENTITY % print "IGNORE">
<!ENTITY docbook.dsl PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML Stylesheet//EN" CDATA dsssl>
]]>
<!ENTITY % print "INCLUDE">
<![%print;[
<!ENTITY docbook.dsl PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook Print Stylesheet//EN" CDATA dsssl>
]]>
]>

;; customize the print stylesheet

;; customize the HTML stylesheet

(define %stylesheet% "article.css")
(define %use-id-as-filename% #t)

(define ($html-body-start$)
	(make element gi: "p"
		(literal "[")
		(make element gi: "a"
		      attributes: '(("HREF" "http://www.byteswap.net/";))
			(literal "ByteSwap.net"))
		(literal "][")
		(make element gi: "a"
		      attributes: '(("HREF" "../../"))
			(literal "Mike's Cross-Platform Notes"))
		(literal "]")))

(define (article-titlepage-recto-elements)
  (list (normalize "title")
        (normalize "subtitle")
        (normalize "corpauthor")
        (normalize "authorgroup")
        (normalize "author")
	(normalize "authorblurb")
        (normalize "releaseinfo")
        (normalize "copyright")
	(normalize "legalnotice")
        (normalize "pubdate")
        (normalize "revhistory")
        (normalize "abstract")))

<external-specification id="docbook" document="docbook.dsl">

--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/