Screen goes berzerk with dselect/vt100/SecureCRT

Okay... next question:

I keep my machines current with the "unstable" store. About a week or two
ago, after upgrading several packages, dselect has started acting really
strange when I run it from Van Dyke's SecureCRT (and probably normal CRT, I
figure). When I exit from the "(S)elect" mode and go back to the menu, I'll
often get a whole page full of flashing characters. I can still type letters
("I" for Install, etc) to get to what I need... but the menu navigation just
becomes useless.

Is "vt100" suddenly deprecated or something?

- Joe