Re: Question abt upgrading

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 02:55:47PM +0200, DSC@Siltec wrote:
> Good day,
>   I am interested in upgrading my Woody 2.2.20 all the way up to the
> current stable.  I'd also like to upgrade my KDE to the current version
> (I guess that is 3.03 or something.)

Hello

I am assuming that you want to upgrade your debian 2.2.20 kernel to a debian
2.4.x kernel. As far as I know when you want to upgrade your kernel you
need to install it explicitly. That is

    apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.x

Execute the following (as root) and you should get a list of the debian kernel images
that are available for installation:

    apt-cache search --names-only kernel-image

Choose one that is appropriate for your system and apt-get install it.

t.irvine